Contents:

What can you find here? Reviews of new and not quite so new Sherlock Holmes novels and collections. Interviews with authors, link to blogs worth following, links to where you can purchase my books and some reviews of my work garnered from Amazon sites. Plus a few scary pics of me and a link to various Lyme Regis videos on YouTube...see what we do here and how....and indeed why!!! Next to the Lyme Regis Video Bar is a Jeremy Brett as Holmes Video Bar and now a Ross K Video Bar. And stories and poems galore in the archives.

Sunday 17 July 2016

The Tempest of Lyme...An Interview With Bramble Wallace

Bramble is playing the part of Miranda in The Tempest of Lyme. Learn more below:


     Could you tell us a little of your background with regards to drama?

-       Well I am Currently studying BA Hons Acting at the Arts University Bournemouth; I would say I have been interested in acting since I can remember. It stems from when I played Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing in the Shakespeare Schools festivals at the Unicorn Theatre in London, and my passion just grew and grew. I had a year out before coming to study at Bournemouth and I did some work at the Phoenix Theatre in London back stage at ‘Once’ the musical and then worked in a schools drama department as a technician helping productions. And it was then I realized that acting was my passion so I applied and here I am!

       Which roles have you particularly enjoyed playing?

-  I love researching my characters in great detail, I love a challenge therefore characters that are different to myself are the most fun to play. One of my favorite roles was when I played Holly from Arinze Kene’s play ‘Gods Property’, a play that discusses the racial tension in the 80’s. My character was a really feisty skinhead, very different to any other character I had every played before. I would say she was the most challenging, and in ways the character that was most unlike myself!                                   



        In The Tempest of Lyme, you play Miranda. What are your views on the character? Do you see points of comparison between the two of you?

-Miranda is a very sweet character, very naïve about the world as she has grown up on a remote island, with no one but her mother and Caliban. It is this naivety that gives her such an open warm heart, seeing the world as such an exciting place. She is very loving and kind, but does stand up to her mother at points in the play and she is very loyal. I would say that in that way we are similar.

      What prompted you to become involved in this production?

I was really intrigued when I learnt about the twinning between Lyme and Bermuda, and Lyme’s links to The Tempest. Also the opportunity to meet and collaborate with local actors was something I was keen to do.  The idea of doing a production of The Tempest outdoors with the actual sea as our backdrop was an opportunity I just couldn’t miss.

 What would you say to someone who is not sure whether it’s for them and is unsure whether to attend?

I would say that this is a fantastic collaboration of music and performance, with some extremely talented people. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see this iconic play staged in such a unique way. Its very funny and you will definitely leave with a smile on your face.                                                        

                                                                                                               

  What are your current and future plans?

At the moment I am preparing for my third year shows and getting ready to graduate next year. Focusing on some interesting collaborations in both film and stage. One day I would love to be creating my own theatre and running similar projects just like this. I think theatre is such a powerful inspiring way to connect people from all walks of life and its something I will all ways strive to do.





Thank you, Bramble.

No comments: